In the labs
We’ve put it through the paces and we impressed our colleagues with its power. In a very short space of time, it recognised that our office was a building, property, etc, and also that a plant was, well, a plant.
The new E-Commerce
The game-changer for E-commerce is giving your customers the ability to upload a picture of the product they want, and it matches with the products in your database. Are they matching the shape, colour, type of product, size, number? Well, our investigations have found we have the power to match all these parameters to customers. Don’t believe us? Here’s a real-world example, scanning a Rubik’s cube:
Pretty neat? It matches not only Rubik’s Cubes but also products associated with them – in this case, phone covers too.
The power behind the idea
So we’ve been busy in the labs at ITC Digital working away with the source of this exciting piece of technology – such as Google Vision and Microsoft Azure.
Google Vision is an API launched by the great technology company, which allows software developers like ourselves to tap into their Artificial Intelligence (AI) engines. This then gives us the ability to add image recognition tech to our developments.
That’s quite a lot of functionality to go through, and it can add massive amounts of power and time saving to your website or system.
We’ve lots of ideas we will be putting in place with our software products, and some strategies we will be talking to our partners with, such as:
- Facial recognition for door entry and security systems
- Text recognition on scanning products and text, auto launching links, and media
- Automated mood training software – video conferencing where the mood of the participants is detected and fed back
- Augmented Reality – imaging the area around you for automated recognition of landmarks, shops, and buildings
- Engineering – parts recognition and batching on the production line and warehousing
- Architecture – matching building designs with client requirements
- Security – self-scanning areas of shops, exit and entry systems, CCTV
- Archiving and Collections searches and mining
- Social media and VR enhancements
- Food – scanning meals and automatically tagging what the food is, where to buy from or dine out
Do you have an idea you’d like to explore with us? Why not get in touch to discuss your great project with us.